Wednesday, January 24, 2007

GIS class #3




That was pretty cool--finding where I live on the city map--adding layers and highlighting plots and such. But knowing how easily that information can be accessed is kind of scary. Now if I can only remember how to export images.

There we go.

The work in chapter nine is the kind of stuff I can get caught up in--colors and fonts and borders and patterns. Maybe deep down I'm really a graphic artist. For example, I think the schoolchildren photo we added to the Rapid City map is pretty lame. And it needs a border to balance with the other data fields. And I don't know whatever happened to my "Rapid City" label, but it's not on the map. Looks like I still need work on labeling so I'll go back to chapter 2 and review. Sure wish I could play around with this stuff at home.

No comments: