Wednesday, January 31, 2007


I just lost all the %$#%*! work I did in lab tonight. I only made it to pg158 in the tutorial--"classifying data." It's gone. I didn't save like I should have. Shit. The only thing I have to show is my snow routes map.

I can't believe I did that.

Comments for class (If you read this, Pete):

I liked having more time for lab last week. Our guest instructor gave us plenty of time to explore and familiarize ourselves with tools and such. Also, it gave us (me) time to fix mistakes or backtrack. It would be nice to limit lecture since we have access to powerpoints and it follows the text so closely. Otherwise, I feel Ok about my progress. Except for losing my file this time. And I would have liked a review for the test. I'll have to come in on my own time to make up for what I lost. Shit.

2 comments:

Edward said...

Hi Mary. Yeah that sucks when you lose all your work. Same thing happened to me at an earlier class. Now I save a lot more often... If you did "save as" at all, the file may still be on your flash drive and you may still have some of your work.

I put a link to your blog on mine.

-edward

Pete Kennedy said...

Hey Mary! Sorry you lost your stuff. You can go in and make it up during another instructors class - just get there early enough to get to a computer before they start and ask their permission.

Thanks for the comments. I'll try and give more time on the software and less lecture!

Pete