Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Winging the lab


Class 2, catching up on the lecture and all kinds of freedom for lab. I downloaded layers from the City of Asheville file and some from the buncombe county website. Some simple things took me a long time to accomplish because I couldn't remember exactly how to insert symbols and create new layers--I'd just been adding layers so far. Last semester was a loooong time ago. Anyway, I was trying to do a proximity map, similar to the landslides project last week, but got too caught up to finish. Here's what I have so far.

For some reason, I had a hard time figuring out where the parcels were located.

Josh was in class tonight--I was wondering if he was still in the class after missing last week. Nice to see him.

So, another long day, and I'm ready to head home. Music night at our house tonight, so I'm looking forward to a nice cold adult beverage.

See you next week. Same map time, same map channel.

No comments: