Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I'm Baaaack


First day of GIS fun this semester and we've already made a map. Man, it was hard remembering how to DO some of this stuff. But I AM remembering how stupid this can make me feel. I really have such little experience with computers--just saving files and getting them into my map can be confusing. Am also remembering how much I like Pete as an instructor--very patient and helpful.

I didn't quite have time to add the legend because the insert function automatically uses the titles in the table of contents. The descrptive titles for the symbols would have been file names without being changed in the table of contents. Also, the scale needs tweaking a little bit, and if Id had more time, I would haave played around with the colors a little bit.

Only 5 of us in here, and only one new classmate. Was nice seeing familiar faces--especially my friend Edward. I'll have a tendency to rely on him for help--he's such a computer whiz, and I'm more like a computer whatsit. Hope he doesn't get too annoyed.

Also, I need to remember my flash drive next week.

I'm a little worried about all I have going on right now, too, and hope Ican devote the time I want to the class. I'm certainly in a time of transition. I think having GIS to focus on will be helpful.

1 comment:

Edward said...

Mary, Mary, she's the best.
Mary, Mary, she's no pest.

I can help her with her flaky computers.

She can help me with insect intruders.